Over the next few days, we are going to cover what the advantages and disadvantages are of using a VPS system, over a standard dedicated or shared platform.
So why use a VPS hosting solution?
Well, first things first;
1. You can get a Virtual Private Server setup in minutes
2. No operating system maintenance headache
3. Rapid disaster recovery migrations in the event of hardware failure
4. Minimise software license and support requirements
5. OS upgrade and maintenance carried out by the hosting company
6. Reduced cost due to lower licensing and shared hardware
7. Greener hosting, due to more efficent use of physical hardware (servers or blades).
Later we will move onto what you get from a VPS platform as well as the percieved advantages and disadvantages.